For millions of users, worldwide the iPhone is fantastic just the way it is – it’s classy, elegant, powerful and easy to use. You have thousands of apps upon thousands of apps to download and install from the Play store. Unfortunately, the iPhone restricts you to the default apps that come with the iOS. You cannot customize it or install apps from ‘Third-Party’ apps unless you jailbreak it.
What is jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking is the act of changing the iOS such that you overcome all restrictions imposed by your iPhone 5. It’s different from iPhone unlocking. The latter only applies when you buy an iPhone from a particular network under a contract from which you want out.
Here are tips on how to jailbreak iPhone 5s.
Just follow these steps and you should be able to jailbreak your iPhone 5:
1. Back up your data for safety before a jailbreak. Go to the phone’s SETTINGS then click iCloud then Backup, which is followed by the ‘Back Up Now’ prompt.
2. If you are using a passcode, disable it. Go to Settings then Touch ID & Passcode then disable the feature.
3. Enable the Airplane mode. Just swipe up the screen to open Control Center after which you tap the airplane icon.
4. Download a jailbreaking tool like Pangu. It only works when you have iTunes so make a point of installing it if you haven’t.
5. Open the jailbreaking tool (which is Pangu in this case).
6. Plug in your iPhone 5
7. Once it has been detected, hit the ‘Start’ option.
8. Click ‘Already Backup’. After a while, the iPhone automatically reboots. Pangu will prompt you to put the phone back in Airplane mode. Do that.
9. Following the on-screen prompts, you’ll be requested to open the Pangu app and give it access to your photos. If granted, your iPhone reboots one more time. Disable the airplane mode, open Cydia and voila, your iPhone 5 is now Jailbroken.
Now that you know of how to jailbreak iPhone 5s, what are the benefits?
Well, for a start, you are now able to download your favorite apps from anywhere you like, not just from the App Store. Better yet, you are now able to customize your iPhone 5 content – could be wallpapers, themes – rather than stick to the default options that come with the iOS.
Jailbreaking your iPhone is easy but voids your warranty with Apple. However, you can ‘un-jailbreak’ the device before taking it to a service center in case of a problem.